Both political parties are hopelessly stuck in WWI style trench warfare. Both political parties are failing us. There is nothing new, it’s the same thing every day – lob some grenades over the ditch and then brace for incoming. The goal of New Republican is to break out of this trench warfare. I believe we can bring much needed change to the Republican Party. It’s time to re-brand and re-invent the Republican Party.
Donald Trump’s election was a complete shock to the system in Washington. This is the perfect opportunity to do things differently. Donald Trump needs a Republican Party that supports him with ideas that will make America Great, and ideas that the American people want. New Republican will be an idea generator.
The following framework is consistent with conservative principles. It’s how the Republican Party needs to rebrand itself, and it is what the country needs:
- We favor an open economy that is free to grow versus a closed and regulated government economy that stagnates.
- We favor an open education system that provides choices as opposed to a closed antiquated government run system that is one size fits all.
- We favor an open health care system that stimulates innovation versus a closed government run system.
- We favor organic bottom up solutions to problems, the Democrats favor top down big government solutions to every problem.
- We favor empowering people at the local level; the Democrats favor federal government decisions made in Washington.
NEW REPUBLICAN WILL TAKE ACTION:
New Republican will focus on three specific areas:
- When a politician says deregulation, people’s eyes glaze over. It’s not sexy; no one really wins elections on it. But the simple truth is this – excessive regulations are the number one thing that keeps our private-sector economy from working. In Florida we have cut taxes many times, and that has been important, but de-regulation is what has really made our economy take off. We will aggressively back the President’s push to take the leg irons off of this economy and re-invent government.
- We will appeal to and target younger voters. Let me be clear: We are not going backwards. This is not a nostalgic effort to go back to Ronald Reagan. Instead, we are going to do for our party in our time what Ronald Reagan did for his party in his time: Attract young voters, the voters of the future. We are going to bring generational change to the Republican Party. This is crucial. We have a great message for younger voters. Our focus on open systems fits the experience of younger voters, and our focus on bottom up organic solutions as opposed to top down antiquated government systems is a perfect fit for younger voters.
- We will win Hispanic voters. In our experience, Latinos want to pursue the American Dream with a gusto that puts a lot of other folks to shame. They should absolutely be Republicans. We will summarize it this way: The idea of the emerging Democratic majority is a fraud.